Searching for Quiet Moments



I have always loved this message ...

 Make time for the quiet moments as God whispers and the world is loud

Can't you just hear the soft breath of God our Creator whispering ... oh how softly
Can't you just feel the serene breeze of God our Comforter inviting ... ever-so gently
Can't you just smell the sweet fragrance of God our Counselor lingering ... so calmly

Oh, if life were to slow down just a little so that I could catch one of those quiet moments. Most of us live in a faster-paced lifestyle where quiet moments may be few and far between. So, how do I find "quiet moments"?  How do I "make time" when I can barely keep up with everything that's going on in life right now?

Selah

I've often heard the best way to get someone's attention is to lower my voice. That sometimes seems counter-intuitive, doesn't it? Isn't it more human nature -- or science -- or common sense -- that a person hears loud sounds over softer sounds?
How is it possible to hear a whisper when everything around me is vying for my attention?

And so I've wondered... how many times have I actually heard God shouting at me?
How loud does God have to get in order to get my attention?
Is it possible that He really isn't shouting at all?


quiet moments in a loud world

Sounds contrary, doesn't it?  At least it does to me.  But, maybe we can sift through some of the loudness and find that little quiet moment when God is whispering

it'll be okay... I've got you... fall into my arms & just breathe

A familiar passage on "being still" is found in Psalm 46:10... but we need the whole passage in order to feel the magnitude of God's power and strength in our time of stillness...
Selah


Psalm 46 ...

God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
11 The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah


Dear Lord,  Help us to find a little quiet moment today in this loud world that we live in. Help us to quieten our hearts even just for a moment in our Selah...
to simply breathe in Your goodness.
In Jesus name we pray... Amen

Comments